Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 01 Day
- 4:00 AM Pick up from your hotel
- 4:10 AM Departure by car from Cusco – Train station (Ollantaytambo)
- 6:10 AM Train trip to Km 104
- 7:20 AM Km 104 walk – Wiñayhuayna
- 10:45 AM Break, Visit and Lunch
- 1:00 PM Hike to Machu Picchu
- 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM guided tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu
- 5:30 PM Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
- 6:30 PM We board the return train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- 8:30 PM Private transportation back to Cusco.
- 10:00 PM transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
DAY 01: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – INCA TRAIL KM 104 – WIÑAYWAYNA – PUERTA DEL SOL – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
4:00 AM we pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco, to transfer you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the tour you will be able to observe the Sacred Valley of the Incas, cultivated lands, majestic snowy peaks; in Ollantaymtambo 6:10 AM we will board the train that will take you to the km. 104 the trip is about 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will start the walk, we will pass by the bridge that is on the Urubamba or Willkamayuc River which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important for them. When you arrive at the control point you have to show the identification documents, either Passport or Alien Registration Card or National Identity Document. A 15 minute walk is the archeological center of Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will begin the walk through tiers upwards until we reach the next place on the way we will observe the sacred valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids from the semi-tropical forest, after 3 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft), it shows a perfect example of what agriculture was in the time of the Incas, since Along its skirts lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and that has as meaning in Spanish “Eternally young” and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the box lunch to replenish energy and continue until you reach the Wiñaywayna control.
On this second part of the route we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean level, stone stairs and tambos (“resting places”) until we reach the Inti Punku – Sun´s Gate (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to reach the wonder of Machu Picchu world (2,490 m / 8,169 ft).
Once here we will have a guided tour of 2 hours and 30 minutes to know the most important places of Machu Picchu, you can visit the most impressive places like the Royal Mausoleum, the temple of the 3 windows, the main temple, the Sacred Plaza, the famous Intihuatana where the wise Incas tied to the sun in the winter solstice in June, stairways, squares, fountains, etc. After the guided tour we will take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town, we will make a trip of approximately 25 minutes, once we arrive to the town we will have time to have dinner or take a short walk around this town and would like to visit its artisanal market.
At night 6:30 PM we will board the return train to Ollantaytambo, trip of 1 hour and 45 minutes, from here we will take the car back to Cusco, the hour of arrival time to Cusco will be 10:00 PM, then leave them in their respective hotels.
End of our service.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket from Ollanta to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (01 Lunch boxlunch).
- Bus ticket Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- First aid kit, oxygen ball.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Return transport Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Breakfast at the beginning of the tour and dinner at the end of the tour.
- Extra drinks
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport “With expiration date not less than 7 months”
- Student card with current date.
- Carry mountain boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry a camera and spare batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Rain clothes: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Carry a water Bottle (1 liter recommended).
You also like
© 2023 Machu Picchu Nice / All Rights Reserved By Servico Infrmatico R & M