Short Inca Trail 2 Days
The 2 day Inca Trail is a fantastic option for those who don’t have the time or desire to hike the full length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and fauna on display, and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site (Wiñay Wayna), you get to enjoy all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed into a one day walk. Covering a distance of 16 km / 10 miles the 2 days Inca Trail is not too challenging which makes it perfect for families with children and those on a tight schedule.
Day 1: Cusco – Km104 – Aguas Calientes
Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 16km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works it”s way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers, and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky). After a full day’s trekking we”ll arrive to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site it”s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. After we”ve passed through the Sun Gate we”ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we”ll check in to our hotel.
Day 2: Machu Picchu Santuary
Waking up early (04:00 am) we’ll take one of the first buses back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as soon as it opens (06:00 am) We”ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu (2 hours round trip) or Machu Picchu mountain (3 hours round trip). In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo (2 hours) from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco (2 more hours).
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9
- Pick-up in your hotel
- Train to Km104
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- 2 Bus tickets for the second day (Aguas Calientes -Machu Picchu – Aguas Caliente).
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original passport or ID
- Good walking shoes or tennis shoes
- Sweater and thick jacket
- Hat or cap
- A bottle of water
- Good raincoat
- Long and short pants
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen with UV forty degrees
- Personal snacks
- Headlamp / flashlight
- Plastic bags
- Personal medications
- Small backpack per person
- Camera and charger
- Extra money in Soles
You also like
© 2023 Machu Picchu Nice / All Rights Reserved By Servico Infrmatico R & M