Rainbow Mountain Tour Peru
The Mountain of the 7 Colors tour, known as Vinicunca, is a natural formation that can be appreciated on the route to Ausangate. This Apu is considered a sacred snow-capped mountain and is a deity for the local people.
Since pre-Inca times the Apu has been a place of worship and offerings whose tradition continues to this day.
In our 7-color mountain tour “short route” you will find picturesque villages, beautiful adobe houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, you will also have magnificent views of the snowy Ausangate (6,385 m) the highest in the Cusco region.
What is the tour program to the mountain of 7 colors?
Previously, the visit to this attraction required good physical preparation, this because the walk took around 4 hours, currently there is a new short route to the mountain of colors which allows you to visit it after a walk that ranges between 1:30 and 2 hours.
In this program we will visit one of the new natural attractions of Cusco «The mountain of 7 colors». The tour starts early in the morning, we will pass by your hotel in Cusco between 04:00 and 04:30 am. To travel by car for approximately two hours to the south, until we reach the district of Cusipata – Paucarpata, (3310 masl.) Where we can enjoy a buffet breakfast, then we will travel by car for 1 hour more until we reach the checkpoint and start the walk (Llaqto), the walk will last approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, we will observe the typical flora and fauna of the Andes, among which the presence of Llamas and Alpacas stands out, we will pass through beautiful ravines and we will see snow-capped peaks, upon reaching the viewpoint of Vinicunca or Mountain of Colors (5080 masl.) Our guide will give us an explanation about the orography, ecosystem and color of the mountain, we can also take advantage of the moment to observe the Vinicunca mountain range (5020 m / 16.466 ft.), Take the photos of the memory and admire the beautiful landscape, then we will return along the same path to the point where we started the walk (Llaqto) where our transport will be waiting to take us back to Cusipata , where we will enjoy the buffet lunch. After lunch we will start the return trip to the city of Cusco, arriving between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. The last stop will be near the Plaza de Armas of Cusco
What is included in the rainbow mountain private tour?
- Professional tour guide (an additional guide will be required for groups of nine or more)
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Cusipata
- Return transportation from cusipata to your Cusco hotel
- A continental breakfast, a buffet lunch
- Entrance ticket to this natural wonder.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
What are the services not included in the Cerro de Colores tour?
- Trekking poles – you can rent them with us
- Horses (you can rent them to local people on the way)
What should we take to the mountain of 7 colors?
- Original passport (if you have purchased a new one after making your reservation, please bring both)
- Rain jacket / poncho
- Winter hat and gloves
- Rain pants
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes
- Trekking poles (especially recommended for steep descents, can be rented from us)
You also like
© 2023 Machu Picchu Nice / All Rights Reserved By Servico Infrmatico R & M